Friday 10 August 2007

conferencing

This is fun. If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you give it a try. OK, the kids do it all the time, but it is fun, and sometimes you can get at cross purposes. If you don't follow the conversation..this could be very funny.
Other stuff that has happened today, err. I swam 1/2 a mile, before my breakfast. Not an awful lot of other stuff, apart from shop at Asda.
Here in the UK, because of the bad weather prices of veg have gone up. Forgive me for being cynical, but.....not every growing area has been flooded. For example, this time of year Cauliflowers are at their most abundant, so why has their price gone higher than maximum winter price? It is sheer greed! Surely it would make more sense to keep the price the same, and make sure that they sold out of the limited stocks, rather than ramp the price up, and risk being left with stock on their hands?? That is how my boss used to operate.....sell stock cheap at the end of the day..and never over-price. And at weekend..anything that wouldn't last..drop the price to sell the stock. Anything that didn't sell and wouldn't keep, I took back home and made wine from.

No comments: