Monday 26 November 2007

Only in America

I heard this story on the news this morning. Don't know where they got it from, other than they get a summary of the day's stories, and it was from there.
Right, what is the story?
Apparently, a man is being prosecuted for not stopping after a traffic accident, but driving away from the scene.
Fair enough, I hear you say. Quite a few people do that.......BUT, how many drive away, and all the way home with the victim on the windscreen of their car?

Didn't he notice that he had a body on his car?
It must have seriously compromised his visibility.
Why did no-one say anything?
I can only presume that this incident took place in one of the sparsely populated areas of the US. I know if anyone saw a car driving around with a person/body on the windscreen here, SOMEONE would report them. (Mind you there are areas of Scotland where I suppose it would be possible, but I really can't see how the driver could see where he was going.)
I'm sorry if the driver was a woman, but I have presumed a male driver. (Just using the default.)
Does anyone know more about this bizarre news story? If so, can you please let me know?
I'd love to know how he defends himself in court.

1 comment:

Blue said...

Haven't heard that one.