Sunday 9 September 2007

I hate fireworks!

I know this might seem a strange time of the year to say that, but I do.
I absolutely hate fireworks, they are evil.
I know not everyone thinks the same, and they are welcome to their opinion.
A few years back this weekend would have been "Light and Water" weekend, with the firework display co-ordinated with music, but our council have put a stop to all the festivals in the resort. They used to fund them as they were "crowd pullers", but for some strange reason ours have stopped, whilst the ones in the city, about 3-4 miles away continue. There is a city funded Jazz Festival next weekend , I think.
But I haven't explained why I hate fireworks, probably having a lit banger thrown at me did the trick there.
Also, where I live, they don't wait until bonfire night until they start letting off fireworks, but start around early October, and they startle you if you aren't expecting them.

1 comment:

Blue said...

When I was a little girl, I went to a 4th of July fireworks display at a nearby park (which still has them) and got hit in the forehead by a rock or something kicked up by one.

They're okay. Don't really care one way or the other about them, other than they hurt my ears.