Friday 5 June 2009

A trio of scarves







Over the past few weeks I have been knitting scarves from Lynne Barr's Knitting New Scarves, book.



I thought I'd share pictures of the completed scarves with you.
The black one is called "Black Pearls" in the book, and Sam specially requested it. I have only just finished it, and I think she went out to work with it on.
The other two don't have owners, as yet. The Purple one was a practice for me, to see how the pattern works, I've got some lovely variegated mohair to knit one in for myself.
What I love about the scarves in this book is that they are all experimental, and different. I will be knitting more of them. Black Pearls was the first time I have knitted on short double point needles. I bought some bamboo ones from the Bamboo Knitting Centre especially, they are an absolute pleasure to knit with, and even though the needles are short, I didn't get cramp in my hands once when using them.

No comments: