Friday 26 October 2007

Strange adverts

They are currently running an ad on TV here, and every time I see it, I end up laughing my head off. The first time I saw it I couldn't tell Sam why I was laughing uncontrollably.
You might not think it is funny, but it's a really serious advert about looking after your hair, and this "new" haircare product, that is this years, "simply must have" , if you care about your hair. Straightforward enough I hear you say, trouble is, after showing models with shining tresses, shaking their hair in time honoured fashion of hair adverts, it shows the "brains" behind the new product, and that just makes me laugh.
Should I put it politely, in PC terms, or just be blunt?
He follically challenged, yes, that's right, the brains behind this product is BALD!
Might be being picky here, but I'm not sure that a follically challenged person is the "right" person to be advising people on their hair care. Now, every time this advert comes on, I just start falling about laughing. Well, at least it brightens my day.

1 comment:

Blue said...

Uhhh no... bald people shouldn't advertise for haircare products.