Monday 25 February 2008

Sad today

Oliver went back to uni this morning. I dropped him off in Lancaster to catch the train, whilst I went for a check-up at the hospital.
We drove around the "Crook of Lune" to drop into Lancaster at the southern end. Driving through at 9 in the morning takes ages. Anyway, we got there at 8.50am, early for my appointment and plenty of time for Oliver to walk to train station.
I was sent for an x-ray before my appointment, and was told to saunter to x-ray, as they got cross if people arrived before 9am. X-ray done, walked back to orthopaedics. Took a seat, waited for the consultant to arrive.
He's very pleased with my progress, albeit slow, and I have to return in 3 months.

From there I went into Lancaster to pay a bill, and visit the bookshop, and get a couple of waistcoat buckles for waistcoats for my partner. I was going to get Oliver a new mobile phone, as he's cracked the screen on the one he has, but the shop didn't have the one I was looking for in stock.
I now have to start thinking about presents for my dad and Edwin as their birthdays are soon. I don't think I can get away with buying Dad a box of liquorice this year, like I did last year. (If you ask my Dad what he wants for a pressie..he usually says, just a stick of liquorice will do...so I got him loads. :D )
I'll have to think of something different this year..also..I have got Mum a jazz CD for Mother's Day, so that rules out a jazz CD for Dad.
Anyway..am missing Oliver, but he'll be back for Easter soon, so not that sad.

No comments: