Sunday 27 January 2019

Poof.....wheeze, wheeze.....and it's dead.

Before you get worried, this is about an inanimate object.  One that we almost all have in our house, and we all take for granted, yet I don't think that many people replace the one they have on a whim.
I mean, I wouldn't, but I have heard of people who replace the small electrical items in their kitchen, just because they have new units, new cooker, etc, etc.
I wouldn't do that. When I moved in here the only kitchen appliance I had, large, or small, was a fridge, so I indulged myself and bought all green appliances, and painted the walls a bright sunshine yellow.  Through the years the small green appliances have gone their way, my green range cooker the only thing that is still there.
But it wasn't my cooker that made funny noises, it was the kettle.
I put some water in it, and went to do something in another room as it boiled, pick up my mug I think. I heard a poof, then another strange noise, I went to the kitchen and it was sat there wheezing. The strange thing is, I let it cool and tried it again. The light that shows that the kettle has been switched on is showing orange, so I am not entirely sure what is wrong with it.
I'm not too bothered though, as I have a stove top kettle.
I'm pretty sure that there might be an old kettle in the cellar. (One that I thought had stopped working, but it turned out that it was just the fuse.....so I kept it.)
You probably think that this is a fuss about nothing, but us British like their cups of tea.

No comments: