Thursday 3 January 2019

Bitterly cold

This January has started off bitterly cold, but I can't let the cold get in the way of things.
One thing that I want to try this year is needle felting. With this in mind, and after looking online for prices of things, I decided that a hobble down to the market for a piece of dense foam was a good idea, as the mats are just foam, or bristle. The foam ones are quite expensive for what is a small piece of foam.
£3 for a 12 inch square, 3 inch deep piece.
I do need to get other things, but until I can go to Preston, I won't be getting them. (I have £25 in vouchers for Abakhan, the nearest is Preston, but the vouchers are to be used in the shop only, as I no longer have a car, and couldn't drive it if I had one, I have to wait until a kind friend is going and asks me along.)
Then on to the meat stall, a bag of bacon bits, don't mind if I do. £3.50 for 5 pound in weight.
Then a gentle hobble back along home on the seaward side of the sea wall. Tide out, and the sea very calm.


No comments: