Tuesday 5 June 2012

Alarm, or what wakes you up?

The sound of the alarm is although sometimes unwelcome an expected sound that wakes you from your sleep.
But what about the other things that wake you?
Some are pleasing to the ear, others aren't.
Those pleasing to the ear, you don't somehow mind, even though they may have disturbed you.
For example, I like hearing the sound of a thunderstorm and don't mind if one wakes me in the night.
Also, the "dawn chorus" is acceptable, the sound of rain during a hot humid spell, the sound of a baby crying.
But there are some sounds that are very unwelcome.
Screeching tyres up the street at silly o'clock in the morning, taxi doors slamming, or, and this one is the most annoying to me.  Party goers going outside for a smoke, or to talk on their mobiles at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am and finally shouting goodbye to each other just after 5am.  Once in a blue moon you can put up with, but every flaming Saturday night/Sunday morning for three weeks is getting beyond a joke.  I must be the only person in the street who sleeps at the front of the house with good hearing as I haven't heard anyone else complain.
I hope they don't have a party again this Saturday, but if they do will the behaviour change?  I very much doubt it.

No comments: