Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snow Day

I've heard of these but never experienced one before.
I got into work just before eight, only to be told that the school was closing for the day due to the snow.
When I was little I remember walking to school through the snow, ok, only about 10 of us turned up. We had to drink ALL the milk. lol!
But back then teachers lived closer to where they actually worked, so getting to work wasn't a problem.
We don't have so much snow here, but it has started snowing more, and many of the teachers live a fair distance away, in areas where it is snowing more.
As I look out of the window now, I can see the flakes are getting bigger, and dancing in the air as they fall.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Enjoy your snow days. We are off again tomorrow! As biology, my subject is on Tuesday so something will have to happen on Monday, watch this space!