Saturday 14 March 2009

Shopping for greetings cards.

I am usually OK at this. BUT....once a year it becomes an absolute headache. I detest having to choose a Mother's Day card. (ours in the UK falls in March.)
They are nearly all slushy and over sentimental, and I like a card to say what I feel or mean, and as much as like my Mum....we have never been as close as the slushy sentimental cards imply. And I refuse to send a card that doesn't reflect how I feel, and for some reason, there doesn't seem to be any jokey ones around, apart from one which would be sent by a teenage daughter to her Mum. It was about how proud the Mum should be that she taught her daughter to talk clearly etc, and when you opened it up, it said something along the lines "so don't blame me when the phone bill arrives".
After despairing of ever finding one, I finally did. It's not mushy or sentimental, I would prefer funny but it says simply that I hope she has a good Mother's Day.
In the past Sam and I have mulled over the possibility of producing our own "true to life cards", but that is as far as it went.

No comments: