Friday 11 January 2008

Happy New Year?

I was far to cross yesterday to even think about writing about this.
I've been off work since September with an injury. I was waiting for an operation to "mend" the injury.
Anyway, I had the operation in December, after a long wait.
I thought I had 6 months off on full pay, turns out, no, not unless you have worked for them for 5 years! Otherwise it is a proportion of the time.
So, "Why Happy New Year?" I hear you ask, well yesterday I got my bank statement, and I found out my wage for December was reduced. What a lovely way to find out.
I have been in touch with work and asked them to send me a letter detailing the reduction in my wage, and I'm going to pass this on to my solicitor, as he said he would fight any reduction in pay I got. I didn't realise it would come so soon.
There was smoke coming from my ears yesterday, I was so mad. But....there's nothing I can do about it. I can't go back to work unable to put my foot on the floor. I would constitute a health and safety hazard, especially in the Food Technology Room, and the consultant did not want me to return to work until I have had physiotherapy to ensure I am walking correctly again. If I had a "seated" job, perhaps I could go back soon, but as my job is very mobile, I can't.
That's my moan over now.

1 comment:

Blue said...

I'll thump 'em on the head and demand your pay back!!!