Thursday 24 January 2008

Wild waves

Today I set myself a goal. Walk to the supermarket on the prom, to buy their reasonably priced fruit and veg.
Perhaps I should have kept to the more sheltered roads, but there are none to get where I was going.
It was high tide, and the waves were being blown over onto the prom. I love it when it's like that. It was also sunny, so there were rainbows right on the sea edge of the prom, where the water sprayed upwards. I tried to take a photo of the waves, but it doesn't look like I caught them. Will have to upload them onto my PC to look at them properly.
They bounce back off the sea wall, at 90 degrees to the angle they hit the wall, and crash into ones coming it, they then create wonderful "pyramids" of water with frothy crests.
I did the shopping and got back home , tired and happy, glad that I'd walked in more ways than one. Thinking back, it must be at least 6 months since I've managed to walk that distance. The market was just a little too far away for me to walk to.
Guess I'll sleep well tonight. And I think I can say that my ankle is beginning to mend.

No comments: