Sunday 1 November 2015

Chest/lung infection

Wow! But not in a good way.  I can't believe how long this has been going on.  When I first visited the doctor in mid September, the symptoms had been around for at least three weeks.  I presumed that they were partly due to stress regarding my work situation at the moment, and hoped that they would clear on their own.
Turns out that the doctor thought that I had a chest infection.  So, I took the pills prescribed, but as they ran out I had my annual flu vaccine injection.  And I have reacted to them, mildly, in the past. After a couple more weeks, I was still feeling bad, returned to the doctor, who again thought it was a chest infection, but he sent me for a X-ray just to be sure.  It came back that I have a lower lung infection. So, more antibiotics, and return for a further X-ray four weeks after the last.
I thought that I had pulled muscles in my chest, and that is why it feels like someone has been jumping on it. I also have a cough, and keep going "clammy". I've been trying to rest as much as possible.  The good thing about this is that I have had very little trouble with my spinal stenosis, despite being ready for a new injection.
No doubt that this will all change tomorrow, when I return to work. I'm feeling a little apprehensive about that, but that's for another blog post.
Just for the record, this has been going on at least two months now, maybe two and a half.

No comments: