Sunday 1 November 2009

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo started at a minute past midnight...this morning.
I spent quite a bit of the day doing my usual delaying tactics. Eventually I settled down and wrote. I have just typed it up, and have only written 953 words so far, but I have been "flying by the seat of my pants" I started with a basic idea, and have been developing a plot as I have been writing.
I haven't spoken to Blue today, so don't know if she has made a start on hers.
When I wrote essays for uni, I always started slow, then picked up pace as I warmed to my subject, and usually ended up writing more than I needed to. I hope the same happens here. I might post a snippet on Random Scribbling when I'm happy. But please remember the idea is to reach 50000 words, re-drafting and editing are not important at the moment, so it will be a quite rough part of a first draft.

No comments: