Friday 5 November 2021

You wouldn't believe it in a TV drama.

 I can hear you scratching your heads from here.

What does she mean?  As you might be aware, there's a climate emergency conference on in Glasgow at the moment.

Earlier  this week, after giving a speech that sounded very earnest, well the bit on the news did, the Scarecrow then took a private jet back to London to attend a dinner at a private club he's a member of.

Why?  Surely that is the definition of hypocrisy? As usual the government are displaying their "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.


And today the education Secretary has issued a plea for school pupils to demonstrate at weekend, so that their parents won't be fined for their non attendance at school.  He's rather missing the point of the demonstration if that's his first reaction. The demonstrations are on school days in order to give some weight to their argument. (Or at least that's how I see it.)

3 comments:

Paul W said...

I'm afraid that nothing seems to influence this government. Its leaders are too preoccupied with feeding their own vanity and avarice.

Paul W said...

I'm afraid that nothing seems to influence this government. Its leaders are too preoccupied with feeding their own vanity and avarice.

Sea said...

Exactly, it's very much, "do as I say, not do as I do" .