Monday 11 January 2016

Frustrating "fone" calls

Some of you might know that I am being made redundant.
After re-reading the gov.UK  advice, I decided to try to contact the "rapid response team" mentioned on the government website.
Frustrating, or what?
I must have been on the phone for a total of 45 minutes, being passed from one department to another, and no one knew what I was talking about. I also got cut off a couple of times. (Not to mention the first few bars of Vivaldi's Four Seasons....ad nauseam.)
Frustrated, I revisited the page of the website, and found that I could email the correct department, that was done in a couple of minutes.
I can only hope it gets the desired result. All I want is advice that the website says I can access. After all, the job I currently have doesn't really use any of my qualifications, and I really would like to do something that will make much better use of them.

Well......I can hope, can't I?

No comments: