Sunday 2 October 2011

Flaming government

I don't often make comments about political stuff, cos I can't say that I'm over enamoured by politics. However, I decided to look up state pension age....and was astounded to see that it had been put up in June of this year...for women to 65....I know technically i may cost more to pay people pension rather than pay young persons dole/jobseekers/ call-it-what-you-will....but as people get older they start to have health issues, and it is on this point I think the government are wrong. Why didn't they for a change...make the men equal to the women..just in this instance. I am not looking forward to working another 5 potential five years...with my health problems. Perhaps I should try to find myself a "sugar daddy"....except I wouldn't even look, cos my heart belongs to my special friend, even though I haven't seen him for over 13 months...we do talk though.
Should I tell my kids to hold off the grandchildren bit for a few more years?
When I think...my Mum was a grandma at 38 and hasn't worked since she was 34...and Dad was luck enough to retire at 52.
The coming generation aren't going to be able to get to know their grandparents, or just see them as dried out, worn out husks.

No comments: