Sunday 21 February 2010

Unsung heroes of the Baftas

I have just been watching the Bafta award ceremony.
At one point the "took some time out" to remember all the film related people who have passed away in the last 12 months.
Most of the names are unknown to most of the viewers, apart from the actors.
One however struck a chord with me.
You may remember back in May 2009 I went to a Jean Michel Jarre concert, this was shortly after his Dad had died. His Dad, Maurice Jarre, is not a name that many will recognise, but if you click on the name, you will be pleasantly surprised. Maurice Jarre was also a composer , of music most people would recognise, but not know the composer's name.
At the concert in May, Jean Michel dedicated one of the tracks?, (is that the correct description?) to his father.
To me they are both brilliant musicians.
I wonder if any of the other "non-actor" names struck a chord?

No comments: