Sunday 11 June 2017

Live in Hope

When I was young my parents had a saying, if all looked bleak.  "Well, we can always live in hope."
To many people this is just a phrase, but if you live in a certain part of the country, it has a wry twist to it.....as not far from where we lived there were at least two villages called Hope, and I imagined that we would move there to live and everything would be okay for the rest of our lives.

How I wish that it was so easy to do.
Right now I wish that the light at the end of the tunnel would turn out to be a bright future, and not the light from an oncoming train that's not going to stop for anything, let alone a disabled fifty something year old.
I don't think that the fact that I was made compulsory redundant and that my spinal stenosis and damaged ankle have got worse is linked, but if I get a pain free day lately, it's rare.
So, what are you doing?  I hear you ask.
Well, looking for a job that will bring some money in, and keeping myself busy with various crafts.
It makes time pass.

No comments: