Sunday 18 October 2015

So....Autumn has arrived

Yes, I think that it is definitely autumn.
Cool bright mornings with a nip in the air, or warmer cloudy mornings with the sun dazzling as it forces it's way through the muffling clouds.
It's darker earlier in the evenings, and the air starts to feel damp.
So far, we've had very little rain, which means that the leaves are lovely and crunchy.
But.....it's not really cold yet.  Once the day has warmed up a little you can still sometimes go out without a coat, so long as you have a warm jumper on.
So, with all that in mind, why did I see a family so wrapped up that you'd think they had just come from the ski slopes?
I'm not kidding, they looked just like that.
Mind you this is Morecambe, and there's nowt so queer as folk.
Perhaps they'd just bought the gear, and refused to pay for a carrier bag to take it home in.......Who knows? Not me, I can only think of various reasons why.

No comments: