Saturday 29 June 2013

Just who's bright idea was it?

I know I have posted about this before, but they rake the beach every day in the summer season.  I don't know who had the "brilliant" idea to do this, but they need shooting.  Before they started doing this, the beach next to the Midland Hotel had a small stony area, directly in front of the Midland, but the rest was, on the whole, sandy.
Now, thanks to the raking, there is only a small area of this beach that is completely sandy.  I know the beach is raked to take away flotsam and jetsam that washes up, and rubbish the people leave behind, but surely........it would be better to put more bins on the prom, allow the person who patrols the beaches to fine litterbugs.  Raking the beach has spread out stones along the length of the beach, and it breaks up the lovely little shells.  What child doesn't like collecting seashells?
SO....what some bright spark at the council thought would make the beach look tidy has spoilt it in my eyes. I much prefer the beach in the winter months when it is not raked daily.

No comments: