Thursday 8 November 2012

American Election

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how vehement the supporters and opposition of the two parties are?
For example, Donald Trump calling the re-election of Obama a travesty, not just in private, but on TV.  My friend, Blue, said she'd heard of one business man who was going to close down his business if Obama was reelected.
I'm sure no-one here is in the same class of nuttiness.
When our election comes around again, do you think there will be nutters coming out of the woodwork in support or against any of our potential PMs?  No, me neither.  After all to deserve such devotion, the person needs to be a strong character, and I don't think we've had one of those since Margaret Thatcher.  A "nice" persona seems to be the blueprint for our potential PM's.  Although I do think it would be fun if Boris Johnson decided to stand as an MP.  Just imagine what a field day the media would have, and Boris, I don't  think he'd mind.  Mind you, I would expect Boris Johnson to stand for the raving loony party, and not the conservatives.
(No disrespect to Boris, I admire the man.)  Plus could you imagine him having a regular audience with the Queen?  No, me neither.

No comments: