Thursday 16 February 2012

So sad

It's never good when someone calls you in the middle of the night.
Around half an hour ago the phone rang here.
It was Mum, my Dad has died.
I can only imagine how upset she is right now. They were marrried on July 24th 1957, that's an awful long time to spend with someone.
I have just been sending massages to cousins, but will probably be awake early and ring them before they read the message.
I love my Dad and right now am very upset. 71 is no great age these days.

3 comments:

Blue said...

I wish I could be there for you. I have no idea what you're going through, but I would be there nonetheless. *huge hugs*

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

so sorry, my thoughts are with you

walker531 said...

You must be feeling very low and lost at the moment. I know how painful it is to go through something like this. I lost my mother last summer and my mother-in-law died on Sunday. It is hard to give any advice, everyone copes in their own way. Trying to fill the hole by thinking of the good times that he had can help, although there will inevitably swings into great sadness. Over time the extremes will reduce, it is just painful getting there. My thoughts are with you and your family.