Friday 11 May 2018

Too much plastic!

I see things on Facebook asking for signatures on petitions to the government about reducing single use plastic, and emails about the same subject. Here's my take on it.
All very well signing petitions, but they don't always get read, let alone debated.
It's quite simple, if you don't want to ruin the planet for your future generations, do your bit.
If everyone did their own "bit", it all would add up. I refuse carrier bags, have stopped buying liquid soap.
A drop in the ocean....but I made my own fabric bags over ten years ago. That's an awful lot of carrier bags over ten years.
Ready meals frequently are in single use plastic, why not make your own, freeze the surplus for another day.  Some people live off ready meals...
This problem with single use plastic has escalated in recent years, plus there are many people who still refuse to recycle.
I started recycling years before everyone had recycling bins at home, but I was aware of the future problem back then.
Back then people who recycled were cranks.

You shouldn't have to see a photograph of a turtle stuck in a six pack plastic to make you think that you should be careful with your rubbish.

Ok, this might feel controversial to some, but it's my thoughts. You don't have to agree, and that's your prerogative. If you don't agree, please don't leave argumentative comments.

No comments: