Sunday 25 September 2016

This crazy world we live in.

A week ago, I decided that I'd like pie and chips from the chip shop for my dinner.
One thing caught my eye as I was waiting for my food.
There's a notice on this chip shop door.
"What's so eye catching about that?" I hear you ask.
Well, the notice is actually quite discrete, but what it was saying caught my eye.
It said "We accept...." and then listed the credit/debit cards, and "We DON'T accept...." and a list of unacceptable cards.

Not that strange in most shops, but in a chip shop?
Long gone are the days when buying a "bag of chips" is an impulse buy, and you knew that you'd have enough money on you to buy them.
Could you imagine trying to buy your chips by cheque back in the late 60s, early 70s?
No, me neither.

I think that the existence of this particular sign demonstrates that the world is going crazy.

No comments: