Monday 8 June 2015

How many times?

Every time that I think I am going to be OK, something comes along to make me worry .....yet again.
How many times do I have to prove that I can cope with things when they get tough?
At set periods of time throughout my life I've had to be strong, carry on, and cope. Surely there's been enough of this, but no....just when I start to think that although I might be bored to tears through being on my own, my life isn't so bad, and I might not have to worry about things......something comes along and upsets my calm.
They are restructuring the non-teaching staff structure at work, and we will find out the proposed staffing structure on the 18th.
But, we were emailed this news, not told directly, nor did the person who is named as sending the email the actual author of it!  Pretty bad form really.
I really wish that just for once in my life, I didn't have to worry about things.  I've proved repeatedly that I'm strong, but even the strongest things break if you test them too much.

1 comment:

Blue said...

There seems to be a rash of poor management with employers or changes that make no sense. At my mum's work, this new young guy they brought in can seemingly do no wrong and they are going through yet another round of layoffs throughout the university. It's never the highest level people who are let go; the ones who make six figure incomes. Though I can't think of who, someone else I know is experiencing something similar. Now that you're saying this, it's clear that it's not exclusive to my area of the planet. I don't understand it by any means.

I wish I understood, too, why you're always dumped on. I feel helpless not knowing what to do or what to say. I have another friend who is dealing with a lot of negative stuff and I'm equally helpless with her as well. :'(